Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Starting to feed

Yesterday Eleve began her vigil at the hospital. He goal was to begin feeding Lee Roy so that he'll be able to return home.

Her first feeding was a little frustrating, but he did latch-on even if he didn't get much milk. However I just got off the phone with an excited Eleve. He is now doing much better. He is feeding. Apparently he still swallows a lot of air and doesn't get enough quite yet. The nurses are still feeding him with a stomach tube as well. They are also beginning to switch his seizure medication from intravenous to oral. No doubt in preparation for returning home.

The family at home is doing well. We have wonderful support from the ward. Different neighbors are taking my children everyday this week so that I can work. I'll admit that dad is adjusting to doing both Mom and Dad's morning chores, but the children have been really helpful. Autumn cleared the table for me today, and everyone did there chores without fuss. Still I miss my wife, and long for her safe return with our Lee Roy.

3 comments:

arnellfam said...

No fun being a split family. We all hope you are reunited as quickly as possible!

David said...

Where is Eleve staying? Karen did lots of time at Primary Children's and I just sort of snagged a couch in the hall. Hopefully things are better now. Keep the faith. Things will get easier (hopefully sooner than later).

sls1j said...

Eleve is staying at her sister's home in Salt Lake City. About 10 minutes from the hospital.